Welcome to "Breaking Soul Ties" - a weekly column by Olusola Adio - dedicated to help you understand what #SoulTies are and how to break them with the power of God’s Word and the power of the Holy Spirit. In this article, we are looking at the definition and the origin of #SoulTies.
• Heb 11:15: “…if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned”
• We start with the fall of Adam. When Adam and Eve sinned in the garden of Eden, a few things happened to them
• They lost their spiritual connection with God. As a result, their minds became darkened and satan set up his structures there.
• So what we now know as the world’s system today is a product of man’s thinking that was corrupted by satan when Adam fell.
• Satan, over the centuries, set up what we also call strongholds in the minds and souls of men that became belief systems.
• 2 Cor 10:4: “(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;)”
• 2 Corinthians 10:5: “Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,”
• 2 Corinthians 10:5: “… and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ”
• So we see here that apart from man being spiritually severed from God by the fall, he also got his soul messed up by satan.
• In addition to having his body infested by sickness & disease. So the fall affected man; spirit, soul & body.
• Fast forward to salvation. The salvation Jesus brought was a total package designed to affect us spirit, soul & body.
• The salvation package was intended to recreate our spirits, save our souls & also give us brand new bodies @ d second coming
• However the timing of the manifestation of the package needs to be well understood and I’ll explain in next few tweets.
• when we get saved, we have our spirits recreated and we become a brand new person in Christ Jesus
• 2Cor 5:17: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new”
• At new birth, the spirit component of man is fully sorted according to 2Cor 5:17. What about d soul & body? Have some clues.
• When you got saved, you didn’t forget your name. Hence, the born again experience didn’t change your soul and we’ll see shortly
• Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world:but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, …
• so we see from Rom 12:2 that after being saved, we r expected to renew our minds with d Word of God. Minds didn’t get saved.
• Why is it necessary for us to renew our minds with the Word of God? Why are our minds a very important part of the equation?
• Pro 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he Yes you are saved, your thinking is what generally reflects in your life.
• This explains why a saved man continues to sin. His mind hasn’t been renewed. What does it mean for your mind to be renewed?
• renewal of mind means you have submitted your mind to God’s Word for a reprogramming of your thoughts.
• Renewal of mind means that d thoughts of Egypt you practiced as an unsaved person have now been replaced with God’s thoughts.
• When we don’t have our minds renewed after been saved, then we reflect the thoughts of the enemy that we grew up with.
• Let’s go a bit deeper into what happened to our minds before we got saved.
• Eph 2:2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air,
• Eph 2:2 … the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
• Eph 2:3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh,
• Eph 2:3 “…fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.”
• So we see here that satan worked through his evil spirits & our associations to corrupt our minds and build structures there.
• In the process, he created what we call soul ties. What’s a soul tie? A soul tie is a link that satan created in your soul.
• Continuing from Eph 2:3, we see that we developed behaviour patterns as we rubbed minds with fellow children of disobedience.
• We cultivated various attachments to things, bad habits, etc practiced by people we rubbed minds with.
• Emotional attachments that we developed as we grew up in the flesh are referred to as soul ties. They reside in your soul
• Why do soul ties play a significant role in our lives even after we have come into Christ? Why are they worth mentioning?
• Way things work in our relationship with God is that He communicates with our spirits and our souls and body express His will
• When are in operation, they block the flow of the Spirit of God in our lives. They are relics left behind by satan.
• Satan is no longer in your spirit when you got saved, but he left stuff behind in your soul that he uses to trip you. These are
Please read the complete article here
My contact details are
BB pin: 7C5BBD57