The 29-year-old, who spent six seasons at Old Trafford, admits he would be open to returning to his former club and has praised the arrival of Louis van Gaal
Cristiano Ronaldo has refused to rule out a return to Manchester United in the future and maintains his “love” for his former club.

The 29-year-old joined Real Madrid from the Red Devils in a €94 million deal in 2009 after spending six seasons at Old Trafford.

Ronaldo, who will not face United in Saturday’s pre-season friendly in Michigan due to fitness concerns, admits he sees his former club as a "second family" but reiterates that he is happy to remain at the Santiago Bernabeu for now.

"Manchester United are one of my favourite clubs, everyone knows that every time when I speak about Real Madrid I speak about Manchester United, I loved it there," Ronaldo told reporters.

"I was 18 years old when I joined, I won everything there, the people treat me like a god there so I appreciate that and, in the future, who knows.

"I remember when we played there against Manchester United in the Champions League. Their affection killed me, I was so happy.

"I had fantastic moments and I appreciate this club. For me, it’s one of the best clubs in the world and I have passion for this club.

"Some players I am still in contact with because, when I was there, I created a good relationship with everybody - not just the players, but all of the staff.

"It was like my second family there, so I’ll not forget that the people treat me good. I love Manchester United and to go back... With football you never know.

"Of course, I’m happy at Real Madrid - it’s my home, my club - but Manchester United treated me unbelievable so you never know."

Ronaldo also believes United will prosper under Louis van Gaal’s guidance following their worst-ever Premier League campaign last season under fired coach David Moyes, who had replaced Sir Alex Ferguson in 2013.

"It will be a better season for sure. My feeling is Van Gaal is a fantastic coach, he showed that all the time for Netherlands, the team played unbelievable at the World Cup, and I hope that Man Utd come back like the people know," he added.


-GOAL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
TNN Africa © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top