The defender has announced his desire to honour his contract and stay with the Spanish side, but is awaiting talks with the club to decide his future

Barcelona’s Dani Alves has confirmed his desire to stay at the club and see out his contract amid speculation linking him with a move elsewhere.

The 31-year-old is determined to bring “enjoyment” back to the Spanish outfit and put a difficult season, in which they finished runners-up in both the league and Copa del Rey, behind them.

Alves, who signed for Barcelona in 2008, has always been a first-team regular and will be looking to add to the four La Liga trophies, two Copa del Reys and two Champions League titles that he has won since joining the club.

"I want to fulfil the contract I signed. I am very happy at the club,” Alves told Marca. “I’ve had some wonderful years here, recently not so much, but I want to help bring enjoyment back to this club.

“When I return to Barcelona I will speak with the people at the club and see what they want. If they want me to go I will look for an exit. If they want me to stay, I will continue.

“I have a contract with Barca and I have always given everything for the club, regardless of the results of the last [few] years. I want to stay, but it does not just depend on me.”

The Brazil international was also quick to defend new Barcelona team-mate Luis Suarez after the Uruguayan received a four-month ban from all football-related activity for his bite on Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup.

"There have been tough challenges and tackles that have gone unpunished. His [Suarez’s bite] was an action which took place in the heat of the moment.

“It's a luxury for the club to have Suarez here."

-GOAL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
TNN Africa © 2013. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger
Top